Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Appreciation Equals Referrals

The other day I was in a local bookstore and the cover of a magazine sitting on the table caught my eye. The magazine was, "Senior Market Advisor" and it's "the" news source for financial advisors who deal with wealth management of senior adults.


What caught my eye was the big bold headline which read..."Craig Randall is the 2007 Advisor of the Year!" I'm always fascinated with high achievers, so I picked up the magazine to discover the secret to Craig Randall's mega success. It was a great article, but what impressed me the most was Craig Randall's answer to the question...

__________________________________________


"How Do You Generate Referrals?"

__________________________________


His response was the following...


"Once you build your client base up to a large number, the referrals start coming in. We get referrals by not asking for them, but by THANKING people for them. I’ve tried every referral system in the world, and I’m sure there are some great ones out there, but none of them seem to work real well for me. As soon as I stopped asking for them and started thanking people regularly for their business and for the referrals that we were getting, all of a sudden we started getting a ton more referrals. It just builds on itself."


Hmmm, I though to myself...what an interesting response, it is something I have heard and tried to do throughout my career and now it is easier than ever for me. His BIG "secret" to getting more referrals was to simply thank people for their business and for the referrals they have given him. Is that really such a secret? It goes to show that “Appreciation” is what matters!

_____________________________________


The Unusual Power of Appreciation

_____________________________________


Appreciation is a very powerful thing. Appreciation has the power to change attitudes, turn lives around, and shape behavior. Kody Bateman, the CEO and founder of SendOutCards.com has long said that, "Appreciation is more powerful than self-promotion" and one of his “tag lines” is Appreciation Wins over Self-Promotion Every Time!


Expressing appreciation to people who provide you business and send you referrals reinforces their behavior and will result in even more business and referrals from that person.

__________________________________


How Do You Show Appreciation?

__________________________________


There's a lot of ways to show appreciation to people who provide you business and send you referrals.


One way is to send them gifts and another way is a simple “thank you for your business” card and/or "referral thank you" card as they work extremely well, and inside your thank you or referral thank you card you might include a gift of some type; perhaps some gourmet brownies, a restaurant gift card or a Starbucks gift card.


Contact me and I can show you the SEND OUT CARDS system that will help you SHOW APPRECIATION TO YOUR CUSTOMER/CLIENTS AND GET YOU MORE REFERRALS!

No comments:

Post a Comment